The Miracles Program assists the students at UEFTE, a Catholic elementary and secondary boarding school in Mindo, Ecuador. In an effort to follow in the footsteps of UEFTE's founder, Sister Lucia, and her desire to provide an education for disadvantaged children, Mindo Futures remains committed to assisting UEFTE in the following manner:
• Providing UEFTE tuition assistance for need-based students
• Enhance technology, reading and English programs
• Collecting and delivering school supplies, clothing, and basic hygiene products for students
• Providing recreational and educational activities for UEFTE students
• Partner with World Teach to improve English-speaking competency
• Provide tutoring for the Senescyt (National College entrance exam)
• Working with UEFTE on a year round basis to continually improve the school thru different infrastructure projects
• Working year round to improve the nutrition and diet for approximately 250 kids who live in the school, thru creating a sustainable source of the basic protein and nutrients needed for a balanced diet.
Our Annual "Miracle of Mindo Mission" focuses intensely on the assistance listed above. This mission travels with 40 volunteers to work on all the various projects needed in UEFTE, during a one week span.
Sponsor a child with a Donation of $600 USD for one year.
Sponsor one child for a year with a donation of $50 USD per month.
Support the Miracles Program with a one time donation.
In 2015, we funded a new building on the UEFTE school grounds that features new classrooms, 2 new computer labs with 35-40 workstations, a new science lab, and administrative offices for the faculty.
Some classrooms in the new building are transformed during the annual Medical Mission into a much-needed sterile operating room for minor surgical procedures that take place during the mission.
In addition, we renovated an existing structure on the school grounds into a brand new and much improved library for all students. On the second floor of this existing and remodeled structure, we were able to build a brand new dental room that has 4 permanent dental workstations. This has really improved and enhanced the scope of our dental work during our medical mission.